Update-Upgrade Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P to Marshmallow 6.0.1
Finally, Some good news ! Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P owners can rejoice since they can now update their android phones to the latest 6.0.1 Marshmallow via a custom ROM. Google’s latest OS, Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow comes with a host of new features and improvements over it’s predecessors. Some of them are :
- Android Pay feature for easy mobile payments.
- Efficient RAM management.
- Support for fingerprint scanners and identification.
- A more smoother and powerful experience.
- Smarter notification bar with intelligent notifications.
- Support for OpenGL 3.1 which opens up a host of cutting edge graphics rendering.
- Updated protection against vulnerabilities, thanks to the new SELinux.
So, you are interested. Here are something’s that you should keep in mind and prepare before hand before attempting the update –
- Take a complete backup of your phone including all media and photos.
- Your phone should have a minimum 80% charge. In an alternate case, you are advised to charge it patiently before attempting the update.
- Although the tutorial would guide you step by step, in case your device gets stuck anytime during the procedure, you can wipe dalvik and a wipe cache partition before rebooting your device.
Your device should have USB debugging turned on, this is essential for installing a custom rom. To check the same or enable it, follow the steps below :
- Open the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P settings. You can do this by either clicking on the settings icon and finding it by aswipe down on the home screen.
- Once you enter the settings pane, navigate to the bottom and click on the tab that says, “ About Device “.
- On the Device page, you will find useful information about your device including the model number, android version and the kernel version. When you encounter the “Build Number”, tap on it 10 times to enable “Developer options”
- On the new “Developer options” screen, scroll down to the bottom to find “USB Debugging”. There would be a checkbox next to it, just tick it and you are done. So, You are now all set for installing the custom rom.
Without further adieu, let’s begin –
- The first things that you will need is a fresh Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 OS file for the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P. You may not bother finding it on other sources since we have provided one for you here.
- Download the ROM Manager on your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P. You can do this by simply going to the Google Play store and searching for the same. Once you are through with it, you need to install Clockwork Mod Recovery. As an alternative option, you may use the ROM installer app which can also be found on the Google Play Store from JRummy Inc.
- Connect your phone to your PC via the USB cable provided with the phone. Copy the “ROM.zip” file that you have downloaded on to the SD card.
- Open up the ROM manager and select to restart the device to boot up in recovery mode. Once you get to the Recovery mode, select the ROM manager and you may choose to backup or restore your information. It is however advised that you do this beforehand.
- While on the Recovery Mode, start a complete data erase ( this also includes the Dalvik Cache ). Once through, head to the Recovery Principal Menu. There should be an option to “Flash ROM from SD Card”. Select it and you would be prompted to direct to the ROM. Navigate to the location where you saved the ROM file and then follow the steps to install the OS.
The process is automated and once done, reboot your device. Congratulations, you are now a proud owner of an Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.